Monday, April 11, 2011

Dragon Age: Origins

Dragon Age: Origins was released by BioWare in the year 2009. It was for the XBOX 360, Playstation 3, and the PC. It is a Role-Playing game as well as a 3D fantasy game. With it's grim themes, hallowing bleak quests, and of course, some side-spliting dialog (Along with the serious parts. Come on... we can't have just all laughter when doing quests. It's just not proper.), BioWare had created a huge hit with Origins and later other expansion packs.

 FUN: There is many things in Dragon Age that makes it fun. First is the character creator. You can make almost any character you want. You can a male or female, human, elf, or dwarf, common, magi, or noble, and much more. However, if you pick magi, you only have one class... Magic. The great part is that you can make the character as good-looking/hot or laugh-out-loud funny ugly. Second is the dialog. The choices you can make, each with a reaction, makes a very entertaining thing to watch and listen. On top of that, your teammates talk to each other at random times. When they do that, just stop and listen. Lastly, is the gameplay. The story, quests, movies, skills, and everything else, all make Origins a fun game. I rate FUN - 2.

 REPLAY: I believe from the walkthroughs and guides I read (Yes... I haven't beaten the game.) there is no replay value besides the fact that you use a different class. I rate REPLAY - 0.5.

STORY: Depending on what class you take, will lead the storyline in the game. However, they all end up into one plot, killing the Arch-Demon. The kingdom is being attacked by these orcish undead creatures called Darkspawn and they are all controled by the Arch-Demon. You join and become a Grey Warrden, a group of warriors that drank Darkspawn blood and lived. Using the blood, these warriors can detect when Darkspawns are coming. Your job is to form a army and head into battle. I rate STORY - 2.

DIFFERENCE/ORIGINAL: Heck! The whole game is the first of it's kind. It's the beginning for more from BioWare. In other words... everything in the game is new. I rate DIFFERENCE/ORIGINAL - 2.

DIFFICULTY: In my opinion, the game is very well balenced for both easy parts and hard parts. Some classes make it a little more easier than others (Like Mages.), but other than that, it's basic 50/50. I rate DIFFICULTY - 2.

TOTAL - 8.5.

There you have it, folks. Dragon Age: Origins had been rated by the Nintendo Rater. On a other note, I'm sorry that it took me so long to post something new. I have been very busy lately. I will try to update more often... when I can. I hope you check my blogs again. Many Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment